THIS VIDEO WAS SO SATISFYING
This gives me life
How music changed from 2000-2013.
i feel so fucking old right now…
Anyone else notice how more songs were in a minor key at the beginning of the video?
I don’t know about you guys but I am psyched to get an education, woo. This year is a hella important year for me because if I don’t finish this school year with five As then I am a dead man walking, you get me? So this started off as a collection to help me get those fabulous As but I thought, what the hell? I’ll share this perfection with everyone else because sharing is caring. Anyways, down to the nitty gritty
001. CALEDONIA’S DECLASSIFIED SCHOOL SURVIVAL GUIDE
- advice for college
- how to survive in college
- how to survive freshmen year of high school
- college packing list
- alternative to buying expensive textbooks
- dorm room survival
- free online college courses
002. WRITE LIKE A FUCKING ANGEL
- the ultimate guide to writing
- how to write good
- how to write an essay
- how to write a good essay
- the five paragraph essay
- deadly sins checklist
- formatting your paper
- tips on getting started
- seven tips to become a better writer (stephen king)
- four ways to have confidence in your writing
- seven ways to speed up your writing
- five ways to add sparkle to your writing
- how to finish what you started: a five step plan for writers
- thirty-one ways to find inspiration for your writing
- tips for dealing with writer’s block
003. READING ISN’T ONLY FOR NERDS AND FANGIRLS
- how to take care of your books
- how to read shakespeare
- no fear shakespeare (i found this incredibly useful when studying macbeth!)
- one hundred most read books
- how to read difficult books
- how to read faster
- books made into movies
- books made into tv shows
- 350+ free ebooks
004. STUDY MOTHER FUCKER
- studying tips
- studying techniques
- how to pull an all-night and still have a successful exam result
- how to get motivated to study
- tips to help you concentrate
- time management tips
- chrome site blocker
005. LEARNING SHIT
- solve any maths equations: 1, 2.
- when your teacher says not to use wikipedia (an alternative)
- square root calculator, cube root calculator
- for when you can’t do your homework
- chemical equation balancer (what got me through chemistry last year)
- cliffnotes, sparknotes
- college courses
- how to: multiply big numbers
- crash courses (youtube)
- teaches you everything
006. PRESENTING YOUR BEAUTIFUL SCHOOL WORK AY
007. USEFUL WEBSITES BECAUSE THE INTERNET IS A WONDERFUL PLACE /SOMETIMES/
- TED (basically gods gift)
- challenge your brain
- feed the hungry and up your vocabulary game
- free online textbooks
- final grade calculator
- a whole page dedicated to studying and organising
008. MUSIC TO CALM DOWN UR SCHOOL DAY BLUES YO
- a really chill playist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- calm nature sounds
- concentration/focus playlist
- relaxation is key
- four hours of classical music
- playlists to listen to: xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx.
009. ALL THIS STUDYING??? YOU NEED A BREAK, MY FRIEND.
- watch a cute ass dog lick your screen
- one hundred thousand stars
- movies masterpost
- foreign movies
- gay movies
- lesbian movies you should definitely watch
- broadway musicals
- LGBT+ books
- download free books
- read any book
- the best masterpost ever if you’re bored
010. TIPS FOR SCHOOL N STUFF BCUS I WANTED TEN BITS
- try your best. not everyone can get all As, and getting all As does not make you better than everyone else. just do the best you can and be the best person you can be.
- don’t sleep in class! i know it seems so so tempting but slept my way through geography last year and i got a C in my exam instead of the expected A so…
- Don’t tick off your teacher, follow the rules to an extent, get to class on time, respect your classmates and teachers. you know, just be a decent person.
- be positive!!! and not just for the first week or so, keep the positivity going throughout the whole school year. if you don’t believe in yourself then why should anyone else?
- "you can do it, wildcat, i believe in u" — something troy bolton said one time probably definitely
Junior year of high school, I was in a psych class. We did all sorts of experiments regularly, one of which was on body language. My teacher handed volunteers cards and we each acted out whatever was written on them. Students in their seats would shout out adjectives or nouns describing the person—this person is nervous, that person is relaxed.
My card was confusing. It said to straighten up, put my hands behind my back, grip my arm, and walk around the room. I had to survey the students, occasionally pausing at a desk and observing the student in it.
I was stately.
My teacher explained that this was the posture that people of power adopted. Presidents, ministers. They were in positions of respect but, more importantly, of authority. They looked proper. And important. Perhaps they looked condescending, but, with hands behind their backs and body exposed for the world to see, they were open. High, but approachable. Grand.
Lucifer doesn’t walk like he has wings. Lucifer walks like a king.
Mark Pellegrino plays a flawless Lucifer.
Does everybody remember the perching thing?
Of course you do.
Okay, did you ever realize why he does it?
It’s a height-dominance thing.
Lucifer—or at least his vessel—is shorter than Sam, which is Sam’s only honest advantage against Lucifer as he struggles against the supposed hallucination throughout season seven. But when Sam is sitting down, Lucifer will perch or stand so that he has a height advantage over Sam, thus establishing dominance over Sam in every possible way, making Sam completely powerless by loosing the one advantage, the one comfort he had. This happens again:
and again, this particular instance which will result in a transition:
…to when Lucifer wants to connect with Sam, to try and be equal with him (in this case, to convince/taunt Sam into talking to him); Mark has him sit at level, like here, in a more neutral position:
So the whole reason for the perching is for Lucifer to gain dominance over Sam until he needs to connect with Sam personally. Where Mark places Lucifer in the room and just how he does it appears to have a direct correlation to if Lucifer is trying to ruin Sam, or relate to him.
(Compare this, then, to how Lucifer and Sam first met: lying in bed together. Compare this Lucifer to the Lucifer of season five, who was Sam’s “other half,” not more or less than Sam. May be evidence for anyone still on the fence about s7!Lucifer being a hallucination, perhaps?)
(one day I’ll talk about the reversal of the Perching Rule, but for now let me live in my happy fantasy)
A+ META IS A+
Reason number 67395 why I love SPN fandom: scientific meta.
I love body language breakdowns of tv shows.
AND THAT IS HOW YOU USE AN EFFECTS PEDAL
I was gaping the entire song this is insane
If I had a dollar for every time a musician made me feel like I’ve done nothing with my life, I’d be filthy, FILTHY rich.
Wow. Wooooooooooooooooooooooow. BLESS.
A girl at my old school did the same thing as this and holy shit I was in love with her all up through senior year
This is so important!
I never know what to ask and end up looking like a fool cause I don’t have a question prepared.
Don’t be me.